Monday, April 14, 2008

Update Installment #3

Ty's 2nd Birthday (a few weeks later)

Okay...Okay...I know that I am a terrible blogger. I don't update enough! I hope that with the summer approaching quickly I will have time for the important things, like blogging! Hehehe! Well, here it is the big 2nd birthday. Let me tell you this was a blast. The first birthday was so nostalgic and kinda weepy for the fact that our baby had turned into a 1 year old. This year we just celebrated the day and the life that has become so amazingly happy since Ty has entered the picture.

His birthday was on a Friday and he woke up saying..."Ty, Pardy...Ty, Pardy". We of course chimed in and said , "Yes its all about you baby!" We then sang Happy Birthday to Ty and he promptly said, "Mommy,Daddy...TOP - IT" (code for Stop it). He then decided that the song was the best when he sang it to himself. To say the least Ty understood that the day was his for the taking.

We had a Tupperware full of cookies to take to Mrs. Debbie's and his friends at the babysitter. He knew they were something special and demanded that they make the road trip to Debbie's on his lap. He also demanded that he carry them to the front door, carefully of course, as he sloshed them from side to side and flip flopped them upside down. They still tasted good, so I am told. He had a great day, especially because I sent candles for him to blow out on top of his cookie.

To top candles and cookies off...Granna and G picked him up from Mrs. Debbie's and brought him home to a wonderful Water and Sand Play table. Ty...of course demanded that he help them put it together immediately. They played and played (and we are still sweeping up sandy footprints....can I hear and amen from the other mom's. Ummm..gotta love it). We played for the rest of the night and headed out to a Mom and Pop shop for some yummy Pizza!

Saturday was the BIG DAY! Ty was having an Artist Party. He has found a passion for all things artistic...or should I just say MESSY. Which I love! So we decided to have an artist party. Can you believe my mom is crazy enough to invite Ty and 10 of his toddler friends to come to her house for an Artist party...yeah with PAINT and stuff. She must be a grandmother...only grandmothers are crazy in the head FABULOUS like that. So...I will let the pictures explain the rest.

I just praise God that my little angle...errrr....two year old son is healthy, happy, and a God Given Blessing. We pray over him constantly and see daily God answering our prayers and delivering only blessings that could come from above.


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

Click on the Pictures for Information about what is going on! It is our first attempt at Slideshows from Flickr...Please let us know if there is a better/easier way. I almost pulled my hair out and Jeff's too trying to get this slideshow on the blog. I know...what a rookie!

3 comments:

TriSara said...

What a great idea for a birthday party! I am totally going to steal that one! Looks like everyone had a blast. Happy Birthday, Ty!

Lisa Renee said...

What an amazingly creative party idea! You guys are awesome! I love the little aprons and cake... too cute! Your little guy is adorable, I can't believe he is two! Everyone says time flies with your children and it couldn't be more true. I have absolutely loved every stage but wish I could remember how each one felt! Blogging helps when you look back, especially if you write in detail! Looks like a great day! Happy Birthday Ty Adams!!!!
P.S. he shares a birthday with our Tina!

Lisa Renee said...

E-mail me your blogger e-mail and I will add you, I got a message on myspace from Jeff. I use blogger instead of that...

lisar_74@yahoo.com