Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Update Overload...Installment #2

The Firehouse Visit

Our next big excursion of the Spring Break vacation was to go and visit Jarrett, Jeff's cousin at the Flower Mound Fire Station. He is a firefighter and was wonderful and brave enough to invite us for a little look-see at the trucks and the station.

On the scale of things Ty loves first comes Tractors & Trains....second comes Animals....and third comes Firetrucks. We thought that we were being amazing parental units if we covered at least two of his three favorite things. Plus, lets be honest we live in DFW..we see tractors driving down the road everyday with the amount of construction happening up here, and we have a train about, oh, 5 blocks from our house! Maybe we will make a field trip to the number one favorite thing a little later (if it is still his favorite).

Well, we followed the same process as the zoo. You know, talk about the firestation, play with firetrucks, read firetruck books, so on and so on. He of course was extremely excited. Yes, he really was...no joking!

In the car he kept saying...Firrra...Tucks! Whoooooooooo! Firra...Tucks! Whoooooo! He definitely knew where he was going. Like I said, he was excited. Believe me know? Anyway, we get to the station and Jarrett meets us out front. Ty is excited to see Jarrett and then his big, round, blue peepers lay eyes on the Firra Tucks! He is amazed and terrified at the same time.

I guess he didn't understand that firetrucks weren't like the small, rideable firetruck he was given on his first birthday from Jarrett, which sings in a very frightening breathy female voice..."I see a Fire truck, A great big shiny Firetruck, Coming down the Lane.....the song continues but I won't put you through the torture that we have had to endure for more than a year now. Thanks, Jarrett. Its a keeper!

He loved the truck as long as we didn't get to close, or leave him unattended. He didn't want to touch it, get in the truck, drive the truck or anything else. He just wanted to look...from a distance. But...he warmed up! Enjoy the pictures!

Okay...I'll get a little closer as long as someone is holding me.


He would walk around, but this was as close as he got!

His FIRST touch on the Firetruck!


Not even the firefighter could get me to stand alone on the truck.

Cheese!


Oh...Okay...I'll get in as long as Dad is with me, and by the way...Shut the door!

I'm warmed up...I think I can drive by myself now. Trust me?


All Smiles!

I didn't touch anything! What are you talking about?

This is super cool!

Testing out the Ambulance now...still..bossing us to, "Shut the Door". He wanted the full experience!

Tuck, Tuck, Tuck was what he was yelling! I guess he figured out all of this was pretty darn cool!

Look at those HANDSOME boys! Another favorite of Mom's!

7 comments:

legend said...

I'm loving the Spring Break updates~ Y'all are precious!!

LALATEXAS said...

Thanks for the update... finally! geez, although I do get quick updates from Jeff everyday :)

Sara said...

I'm SO GLAD YOU HAVE A BLOG! I DO TOO! You have to add me to your list!
Now I'm going to go back and read yours.

TriSara said...

What a perfect spring break! Sounds like you guys had a great time. Thanks for sharing all of the great pictures!

Lisa Renee said...

I saw your name on Sara's blog and thought that has to be the Dedra I know, there just aren't too many in the world! How fun to see your precious family! Looks like you all are doing well and having fun! You look fabulous as always! I have had a blog for a few years now, but set it to private recently (long story). Anyhoo... e-mail me if your interested and I will add you as an 'invited' reader! The zoo pics make me miss the metroplex! I went a ton as a kid and even did zoo art there in the summers as well as a class at the Museum of Science and History. Your little guy is going to have so many fun opportunities there! He is too cute too!

Lisa Renee said...

oops, my e-mail is: lisar_74@yahoo.com same since college!

Lisa Renee said...

P.S.S.
Sorry for all the comments. You guys need to, if you have not already, take Ty to ride the Turantula Train in Ft. Worth! I think you can get on in Grapevine but we did at the Stockyards. We took our Ty the Spring Break before last and it was honestly the highlight of his year!!! My dad rode with him and said it was pretty fun for adults too! Also, a girl changed my blog for me and it went back to my settings of blogroll from over a year ago and now I can't find it in my settings to add new people but I am putting you as one of my favorites on my computer! Hope you all have a great weekend!